Energy Storage Grand Challenge Projects
Thursday, January 25th 2018
IET, 2 Savoy Place, London, WC2R 0BL
The Status and Future of Energy Storage Research
We would like to invite you to attend the dissemination event of the two major Grand Challenge Energy Storage research projects: Energy Storage for Low Carbon Grids and Integrated, Market-fit and Affordable Grid-scale Energy Storage (IMAGES). This fundamental, multi-disciplinary research, carried out by 10 Universities, will inform future development of storage technologies and energy system integration challenges.Dissemination event will cover:
- Key outcomes of the two projects, including identification of the system benefits that storage technologies can provide in facilitating a cost-effective transition to a low carbon UK grid.
- Presentation of the White Papers published by each project.
- Advances in storage technologies, including manufacturing and control.
- System value, market integration and policy.
- Open discussion about the implications of this research and suggestions for future work.
- A poster and networking session
- Drinks and a buffet dinner
We are very grateful to our Advisory Board members, who have provided many invaluable insights for the success of our projects.
Consumers at the Heart of the Energy System?
Blavatnik School of Government, Oxford, OX2 6GG
September 18-19 2018 Deadline for submission March 1st 2018